Sunday, April 12, 2015

Raffle prizes: TARDIS bag, LotR bag and Doctor Who coasters

Hey all!
Last time I declared the winners of the raffle and asked them via email what they wanted on their canvas bag / coasters. Shadou asked for a Lord of the Rings bag and Doctor Who coasters, Carolsue asked for a Doctor Who themed canvas bag for her daughter, and I'm still waiting for Kiralia to decide what she wants on hers. But here are the ones that are ready:

Carolsue didn't have specific requests aside from the bag being Doctor Who themed, so I made this minimalist TARDIS canvas bag:



This was shipped to the United States last Thursday, so hopefully it will reach its destination soon. :)

***


Shadou asked for a Lord of the Rings canvas bag, something similar to the dress I made in December. So I made her this:



I quite like how this turned out with the reverse stencil thing I tried. :)

(Oh, and I made some modifications to the original LotR dress the other day... I chopped the sleeves to t-shirt length and took the waist in just a bit. I like it better now, because the sleeves were a bit too much and felt restricting, seeing as the fabric doesn't stretch at all... Maybe now it'll get the use it deserves! ...But yeah, onward!)

Shadou requested coasters with specific people / things from Doctor Who, and I hope to have accomplished what she was looking for:

10th Doctor, 11th Doctor, River Song, TARDIS, Rose Tyler, Amy and Rory, Jack Harkness and some DALEKs. :)


The coasters are photos printed on regular paper, glued on mirror glass (first time experimenting with glass coaster base, and it worked great!) and then covered in a layer of decoupage varnish, allowed to dry and then sprayed with another layer of glossy acrylic coat. I've made a few batches of these (previously on wood or cork base) and they always turn out great and are moisture-resistant (which is a good thing for something that's designed to sit beneath your beverages).

***


So, like I said, Carolsue's bag has already been shipped and I'm hoping to get Shadou's bag and coasters wrapped and shipped tomorrow or the day after. :) And Kiralia, please let me know what kind of picture you want on your bag. If you still want one? :)

love,
scoundrel


6 comments:

  1. Onpa upea tuo LotR-kassi! Minimalistinen Doctor Who-kassi on myös oikein tyylikäs, vaikkei omiin fandomeihini kuulukaan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos ^_^ Tykästyin itsekin tuohon LotR-kassiin kun tuo "reverse stencil" toimi niin upeasti. Pitänee tehdä itsellekin vastaava, ehkä jostain muusta aiheesta... :)

      Delete
  2. Oih! Aivan ihania, kiitos hurjasti! Doctor Who-kassi on myös todella kaunis. ^-^ <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiva että tykkäät. Tänään menee paketti postiin, eli ehkä jo loppuviikosta saapuu sulle. :)

      Delete