Monday, February 2, 2015

Look, I'm wearing a tablecloth again!

Yesterday I was slightly tired/hungover from a game night at Stormiina's place...

Cards Against Humanity was involved, of course.


...so to get my mind off of the tiredness and slight nausea, I set out to try a tutorial I'd found ages ago online. I'd always put off trying it because it seemed so difficult, but when I actually tried it, it wasn't at all as bad as I'd imagined.

It's the Pinwheel skirt by the Elle Apparel blogger Leanne Barlow.

I had this print tablecloth in black, white and gray, and I think measuring if I had enough fabric was the most difficult part of this project. Once I was convinced there was enough fabric, I simply cut out the pieces and sewed the skirt with the instructions on Elle Apparel. Then I still had enough fabric to make a top piece, so I turned the skirt into a dress.

VoilĂ !



The front detail with the pleats wasn't at all difficult to make, and aside from that it's pretty much just a normal dress.







So, what do you think of my tablecloth-turned-into-dress? :)

love,
scoundrel


No comments:

Post a Comment