Thursday, August 14, 2014

Last days of summer

Today we went to my husband's family's summer cottage which is on a small-ish island very near the coast. My husband was there to work on his lumberjack skills (they chopped wood most of the time with his dad). Meanwhile, I was left to my own devices to I did a bit of exploring and photographing (with my phone).

Such a peaceful view.




I found some lingonberries. Alas, they were still raw (I tried one).


Rowanberries.


I found this ladybug resting on a pinecone.


Tiny little flower.


Raindrops on roses pine needles.


I did some reading...


...and some standing around...


...and some ridiculous jumping. :P


Anyways... it was a fun day. And the book I started reading, The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey, seems rather interesting.

Bye-bye, ladybug.


love,
scoundrel


No comments:

Post a Comment